Experience our hometown service on nearly any device. It’s FMB on the go — whenever, wherever.
- Free, secure, and easy-to-use service for First Metro Bank customers
- Manage a number of banking activities anytime, anywhere with internet access:
- Access web statements
- View account balances and history
- Transfer funds between accounts (one-time and recurring transfers)
- View checks images
- Make loan payments
- And more
If you’re already an online banking user, use the button below to log into your account.
- Pay one-time or recurring bills with ease:
- Schedule payments in advance
- Set up payment reminders
- Ensure payments are received on time
- Have all payee information in one convenient place
- Retain funds until paper drafts are presented for payment
- Avoid paper clutter
- More secure than paper billing
- Make more time for yourself; fewer bank trips necessary
- Print or download to popular financial management software like Excel, Quicken®, or QuickBooks®
- Fast, free, and secure service for customers enrolled in online banking1
- Available to First Metro Bank customers
- Easily keep track of your finances — even on the go:
- View account balances
- Review history
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Receive alerts
- Pay bills
- Deposit checks with Mobile Deposit
- Monitor & prevent debit card fraud with Card Controls
- Send & receive money with Zelle®
- Available via any web-enabled mobile device
- Easily log into your account through a passcode or fingerprint authentication
- Use this service in two convenient ways:
- Text banking also available
- Save valuable time and effort; avoid an extra trip to a branch
- Save paper and save the environment
- Fast, free, and easy alternative to paper statements
- Quick access to information
- Eliminate a paper trail
- Reduce chances of fraud and identity theft
- Arrive faster than paper statements
- Simplify recordkeeping
- Easily access past statements
- Ability to download for permanent storage or print if needed
- Receive email notice when new web statement is ready
Enroll in Web Statements
Make the switch to web statements today — just complete this simple form.
How to Deposit Checks with the FMB Mobile App:
Log in to the app and select “+” and “Deposit.”
Your check must be endorsed with your signature, “For First Metro Bank Mobile Deposit Only”, and your deposit account number. If these three items are not on the check, the check will not be approved for deposit.
Choose “Front” to take a photo of the front of your check, then choose “Back” to take a photo of the back of the check. The first time you do this, you may have to “allow” your camera to be used with your First Metro Bank app.
Select “Deposit To” to select which account you’d like to deposit your check in. This should match the number you wrote on the back of your check.
Choose “Amount” to type in the deposit amount.
Enter the email address you’d like to have your receipt emailed to.
Click "Continue" and then approve the deposit.
You will receive two emails: one email once the check has been submitted, and a second email once the check has been approved, denied or held.
Mobile Deposit FAQ
What is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is a convenient feature found on the First Metro Bank Mobile App which allows you to deposit a check to your consumer checking or savings account by simply taking a picture of your check, entering the check information, and securely submitting your deposit for processing.
What is required for a mobile deposit?
First Metro Bank’s Mobile Banking App works with iOS and Android operating systems. Each check image must include the front and back of the item, and the following information must be clearly readable: amount, payee name, drawer signature, date, check number, account number, routing, and transit number, MICR (magnetic Ink Character Recognition) line, and any endorsement or other information written on the check. All checks submitted for Mobile Check Deposit must include the following items for endorsement: payee signature, indicate ‘For First Metro Bank Mobile Deposit Only’ and your deposit account number. We reserve the right to reject any check(s) that is not endorsed properly as per our instructions.
What type of checks can I deposit?
All checks being deposited must be payable to you as the account owner(s) only. We only accept checks from a U.S. financial institution, in U.S. dollars. The following items are eligible for mobile deposit: personal checks and business checks. Please visit one of our convenient office locations to deposit the following items which are currently not accepted via mobile deposit: U.S. savings bonds, government/treasury checks, checks from foreign banks, money orders, traveler’s checks, cashier’s checks, image replacement documents, third-party checks, and checks not payable in U.S. dollars.
Is there a fee for using Mobile Deposit?
There is no additional fee for using Mobile Deposit, however we recommend that you check with your mobile service provider to see if there are any wireless carrier fees.
How do I make a mobile deposit?
Once you have logged onto your First Metro Bank Mobile App, you will select the plus sign (+) at the bottom of the app. Select “Deposit.” From there, you will follow the on-screen prompts to deposit your check.
How can I get the best quality photo?
Be sure to take a good picture of your check(s). Have good lighting and lie the check flat on a dark background. Ensure all four corners of the check(s) are visible. Be sure to detach the check(s) from any check stub or cover letter. Hold your mobile device steady directly over the check and not at an angle to take the picture.
What if my image quality is blurry?
You are responsible for the image quality of any check image that you transmit. If a check image that we receive from you for mobile deposit to your account is not of sufficient quality to satisfy our check image quality standards, as we may establish them from time to time, we may reject the check image without prior notice to you.
Do I need to endorse the check I’m depositing?
All checks submitted for Mobile Deposit must include the following items for endorsement: payee signature, indicate ‘For First Metro Bank Mobile Deposit Only’ and your deposit account number. We reserve the right to reject any check(s) that is not endorsed properly as per our instructions.
Do I need to use a deposit slip to make a Mobile Deposit?
No. An electronic deposit slip will be generated to post the deposit to your account. You will only need to take a picture of the front and back of the check being deposited.
Is there a limit to the dollar amount of the check I’m depositing?
First Metro Bank’s Mobile Deposit feature has a limit of $5000 per item per day, as well as a daily maximum deposit of $5000. There is no limit to the number of checks that can be deposited daily, as long as the total of the checks does not exceed $5000.
All deposits are subject to review and/or final approval.
How will I know if my Mobile Deposit was received?
We will send you a Mobile Deposit email stating that we have received your deposit on the same day that you submit your deposit. A second email will be sent once the deposit has been approved, denied, or held.
What is the cutoff time for Mobile Deposits?
The cutoff time for Mobile Deposits is based off of the central time (CT) zone. Checks received by 6 p.m. CT on a business day are considered processed that night and will usually be available the following business day. Mobile Check Deposits will not be available for immediate withdrawal.
Before 6pm on Monday – will usually be available by Tuesday. Before 6pm on Friday, will usually be available by Saturday.
After 6pm on Monday – will usually be available by Wednesday. After 6pm on Friday, will usually be available by Tuesday.
On Saturday or Sunday – will usually be available by Tuesday.
How will I know if my Mobile Deposit was approved or denied?
A second email will be sent once the deposit has been approved, denied, or held. A reason will be provided if the check is denied or held for any reason.
Do I have to bring the check to the bank after I submit it for deposit using the Mobile Deposit feature?
No, do not bring the check to the bank after submitting your deposit.
How long do I retain a copy of my check?
We recommend that you retain your check in a secure location for 30 days or until you receive your monthly statement to confirm the deposit. Once confirmed, you should securely destroy the check.
How can I view the checks I have deposited?
Once logged into the First Metro Bank mobile app, you can select “Recent” at the bottom of your app. Select “Check Deposits” on the list. A list of your most recent check deposits will be available for review.
Can I make a Mobile Deposit to different accounts?
Yes. You can make mobile deposits to consumer checking and savings accounts that are listed within your First Metro Mobile Banking App. If you are missing an account from your Mobile Banking App, please contact Electronic Banking.
Could I use mobile deposit from different mobile phones?
Yes, as long as the device can download the First Metro Bank Mobile App and has the proper camera type that is compatible with the app.
Who do I call for questions regarding my Mobile Deposit?
For customer assistance with your mobile check deposit, please contact us during normal business hours at 256-314-1645.
- Available in the First Metro Bank App for both Apple® and Android™ devices
- With Card Controls you can:
- Turn your debit card on or off with a single touch
- Location controls— specify where card can be used, deny transactions in specific regions
- Spend limits— stick to your budget by setting weekly or monthly spending thresholds
- Transaction type — enable or disable specific transactions/payment methods
- Merchant type— enable or disable specific categories or merchants
How to Use Card Controls in the First Metro Bank App
- Open the First Metro Bank App.
- Click "More", then "Card Controls"
- Under "More", click "Alerts" to customize your notifications.
- Your card should populate automatically; if not, click "Add." Choose which card(s) you'd like to monitor.
Note: Only primary card holders can view their debit card(s) on Card Controls.
1Carrier rates may apply.