First Friends doesn’t just grow your money — it enriches your life. Enjoy exclusive benefits that go beyond banking.
- Exclusive Trips & Events
- Earn Tiered Interest
- No Monthly Service Charge1
- Exclusive checking account for neighbors 50 & better
- Earn tiered interest
- No monthly service charge1
- Access exclusive group travel experiences and local events
- Unlimited transactions
- Digital banking services2, including:
- Online banking
- Online bill pay
- Mobile banking
- Web statements
- 25% discount on safe deposit box rentals3
- Mobile wallet
- Mastercard® debit card
- $100 minimum deposit to open4
Where Friends Become Family!
The First Metro Bank family would not be complete without our First Friends. In 1990, the First Friends Account was established to combine banking, traveling, friendship, and memory-making all into one.
First Friends enjoy amazing trips across the country, day trips with exciting sightseeing opportunities and entertainment, plus one-of-a-kind local events! Karen Johnson, First Friends Coordinator, is the face behind it all: preparing across country trips, theatre events, luncheons, and exquisite one-day outings to keep our First Friends eager for the next destination.
“Every aspect of the First Metro Bank family is experienced when you are a First Friend – valued relationships, first-class service, and employees who treasure the opportunity to serve you. As a First Friend, whether traveling by land, sea, or air, you will create lifetime memories and develop friends who become family.”
Meet Your Neighbor, Karen Johnson
First Friends Coordinator
2021 First Friends Trips & Events
Contact Karen Johnson at 256-314-1636 or [email protected] to sign up for any trip or event.
September 21st: Tailgate Bingo
- Wear your favorite football team apparel & join us for a night of bingo!
- 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Northwest-Shoals Community College Patriot Gym
- $20 per person | Payment Deadline 9/14/2021
October 21st: Cheekwood Harvest
- Cheekwood Estate & Gardens & The Loveless Cafe in Nashville
- $129 per person | Payment Deadline 9/21/2021
November 18th: Mystery Trip
- $119 per person | Payment Deadline 11/4/2021
December 1st: Broadway Under the Mistletoe
- Jennifer Nettles with the Nashville Sympony at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center in Nashville
- $209 per person | Payment Deadline 11/1/2021
December 14th: Christmas at the Ryman
- Amy Grant & Vince Gill will put you in the Christmas spirit with a show at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville
- $209 per person | Payment Deadline 10/15/2021
1Other miscellaneous fees may apply. See our Schedule of Fees for more information.
2Carrier rates may apply.
3Safe Deposit Boxes are not insured by the FDIC or any Federal Government Agency.
4All accounts are subject to approval. Restrictions and limitations apply.