- No minimum deposit required to open
- No minimum balance required to earn interest
- Limit six (6) transactions per calendar month
- Free Online Banking
- Statements mailed quarterly
- Interest will be accrued daily, credited quarterly and paid on the collected balance
- Joint ownership is required with parent or guardian until age 15.
- Converts to Metro Regular Savings Account at age 19.
Daily Balance Computation Method: We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
Transaction Limitations: You may make no more than six preauthorized withdrawals, automatic or telephonic transfers, checks, drafts and debit card or other similar transactions from your account per month or statement cycle.
Accrual of Interest on Non-Cash Deposits: Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of non-cash items (for example, checks).
Effect of Closing an Account: If you close your account before interest is credited, you will not receive the accrued interest.
Rate Information: Interest rate and annual percentage yield may change at any time.
Frequency of Rate Changes: We may change the interest rate on your account at any time.
Important Notice: Savings accounts are limited transaction accounts and are subject to Regulation D. Debits are limited to six (6) per month. **Excessive debits over the limit may result in fees, account closure, change of account type, termination of transfer capability, or other remedial action. See your accont disclosure for full details.