First Friends Account
First Metro Bank customers who are fifty and better are important to us. We respect your financial experience and we value your relationship with us. For this reason, we have an account designed especially to meet your needs, First Friends.
First Friends members earn free checking, preferred CD rates, free wallet checks, and that is only the beginning. Stop by any First Metro Bank location and let us show you what First Friends has to offer!
First Friends is an account which includes the banking services you most likely use, plus extra benefits—exclusively for our customers fifty and better. Ever wanted to cruise through the Mediterranean or spend a week in Charleston, SC? Every year, Karen Johnson, the First Friends Club Coordinator, plans eight to ten trips available only to First Friends members. Some are day trips to plays in Nashville or Atlanta Braves games and others are over night trips to far away destinations like Greece. What’s even better is that First Friends members receive group discount rates that make the trips more affordable than booking on your own!
Click here to view the current First Friends Schedule of Events.
Enjoy the benefits:
- $100.00 deposit required to open
- Interest paid on any balance
- No monthly maintenance charge
- No minimum balance
- Unlimited check writing
- Free wallet checks
- Free ATM or Check Card (approval required)
- Overdraft PrivilegeSM service
- Restrictions apply
- Click here for more important disclosures
- Free Online Banking with Bill Pay—First Metro Online
- Free Telephone Banking: 256-383-MATT (6288)
- No service charge on Official Checks
- No service charge on Travelers Checks
- Direct Deposit
- Large print statement images on request
- Notary service
- Photocopy service at no charge for important documents
- Draft conversion assistance
- Group travel services
- Members-only social events
- Members-only luncheons and seminars
25% discount on safe deposit boxes
Safe deposit boxes are not insured by the FDIC or any Federal Government Agency.