- $1 minimum deposit required to open
- Penalty may be imposed for withdrawals made before maturity*
- Maximum deposit amount of $50,000*
- Interest will be compounded and credited to your account annually**
- Funds disbursed October 31st or closest business day
*Transaction Limitations: You may make unlimited deposits into your account up to a maximum total deposit of $50,000. There are no limitations on the frequency or timing of additional deposits, except that no additions can be made in the last seven days before maturity. If any withdrawal is made from this account before October 31, then this account may be closed. Check for principal plus interest is mailed to the customer on November 5. You may not make withdrawals of principal from your account before maturity. You cannot withdraw interest from your account before maturity.
Early Withdrawal Penalties: The penalty we may impose is the greater of:
- Seven days interest, on the amount withdrawn subject to penalty, if the withdrawal is made within the first six days after a deposit
- All interest on the amount withdrawn subject to penalty
In certain circumstances such as the death or incompetence of an owner of this account, the law permits, or in some cases requires, the waiver of the early withdrawal penalty. Other exceptions may also apply, for example, if this is part of an IRA or other tax-deferred savings plan. For any time deposit which earns an interest rate that may vary from time to time during the term, the interest rate we will use to calculate this early withdrawal penalty will be the interest rate in effect at the time of the withdrawal.
**Accrual of Interest on Non-Cash Deposits: Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of non-cash items (for example, checks).
Effect of Closing an Account: If you close your account before interest is credited, you will not receive the accrued interest.
This account will not automatically renew at maturity. If you do not renew the account, interest will not accrue after maturity.